Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently asked Dutch tax questions

Filing taxes can be a very difficult thing to do when you don’t speak the Dutch language well enough. Looking up all the rules and regulations can also be very time consuming and hard to understand. To help you out, as an expat in Holland, with some of the questions clients ask us a lot we have made a Q&A below to help you understand the Dutch tax procedures and Dutch tax law a bit more.

If you move to a new address in The Netherlands you will always have to inform the municipal of your new address. They will automatically inform the tax authorities about you new address so there is no additional action required from your side.

If you move to The Netherlands and want to file your tax declaration over that particular year, it is most likely you have to do this with an M-form (the M stands for Migration) which is a more complicated form than the P-form. TSS is happy to help you fill out this form for you and file your declaration. Usually it can be beneficial to do so.

If you have other questions please search for subjects in our menulist or contact us and we will get back to you within 24 hours

You can choose 2 ways to inform the tax authorities about your (new) bank account. The first way is to login to with your DigID and click on “Geldzaken” then click “Ik wil mijn rekeningwijzigen” Fill out the form and send it digital to the tax authorities. Please note that the bank account has to be on your own name.

You can also download the bank account notification form and fill it out and send it to: Belastingdienst/Centrale administratie Antwoordnummer 21020, 6400 XC Heerlen.

If you need help we are always happy to help you out!

After filing a declaration or sending a letter of objection it can take up to 8 weeks before the Dutch tax authorities will administrate your case. Sometimes it can take even longer due to the difficulty of a particular situation/case

For a regular annual declaration the tax authorities promise they will give you an answer before the end of July of each year as long as you send in your tax declaration before the first of May of a particular year.

Free Estimation

Request A Quote

We can help! Our clients love us because we’re friendly, enthusiastic, accommodating, and we listen to your needs. We’ll work with you to help you find the solutions you’ve been looking for! Feel free to Request a Quote at anytime.